Construction & Contractors Insurance
Knowing how to identify and manage risk in your construction business could be crucial for survival and success. But risk management is a big undertaking and, without expert help and guidance, you could easily overlook costly vulnerabilities. Every construction business is different and every project carries its own unique risks — risks that demand specialist protection from Contractors Insurance experts.
We provide the best Contractors Insurance protection at the most cost-effective rates by a wide variety of businesses including:
- General construction contractors and civil engineers
- Infrastructure specialists such as bridge and road builders and major utility project developers
- Individual trades such as plumbing, carpentry and electrical
- Building product suppliers including quarriers and concrete services
- Excavators and demolition services
- Seismic retrofitting
Meeting Your Contractor Insurance Needs
Although many aspects of construction insurance are similar to those in general business coverage, if you rely on the latter you may subsequently discover gaps in your protection that leave you exposed to costly risk.
For example, unforeseen equipment failure could result in huge time-based penalties and project disruption. Or employee negligence could threaten the very survival of your company. That’s why at The J. Morey Company we start by getting to know your business, understand your priorities, identify the risks, and custom-design one or multiple policies to minimize your exposure using the best, most reputable insurers. We make sure to keep your contractor insurance policy under constant review to reflect the changing needs of your business and trends in the marketplace.
Even if you already have construction insurance in place, we can review it at no cost to identify gaps, savings opportunities and more comprehensive protection that matches your needs.
Contractor Insurance Options
The J. Morey Company Contractor Insurance Program is built around your specific needs, which may include:
- Primary coverages such as commercial auto, general liability (protection against liability claims and lawsuits), worker’s compensation, property (fire, theft, accident, etc).
- Inland marine insurance (contractors’ equipment and builders’ risk).
- Truck, trailer and construction vehicle insurance — from pickup trucks to cement mixers.
- Project-specific insurance, where risks might fall outside your normal protection.
- Business interruption.
- Employee benefits and risks, including negligence and crime.
- Errors and omissions liability.
- Umbrella coverage for high-value risks.
We can also arrange performance or contract bonds where appropriate.
Who Needs Contractors Insurance?
Any person or business working in construction trades should consider contractors insurance: building construction, heavy construction or home improvement. We offer coverage for every California trade, including:
- Home Builders
- Artisan Insurance
- …And More!
The J. Morey Company Difference
With almost 40 years of insurance experience, we can pinpoint your needs and the best protection to match them. We can also help you assess and reduce risk exposure within your firm, using designated risk engineering. Because we are an independent insurance brokerage, we have access to many insurance carriers, allowing us to offer you the best rates throughout California, especially in the Southern California and Greater Los Angeles areas. Our friendly, professional and responsive client support service is always there for you — including claims consulting.
Request a free quote now and let the The J. Morey Company help you find the best California construction & contractors insurance policy for your needs.