Errors & Omissions Insurance
It’s not about your professionalism, training, or years of experience. Sometimes mistakes happen, no matter how much experience we have. The simplest clerical error or proofreading mistake (even made by a trainee) can cost you, if it results in financial loss or damage to the reputation of one of your customers. Errors and omissions protects you from claims in the event a client sues your service-oriented business for negligent acts, errors or omissions occurring during business activities, and which potentially result in a financial loss for the client.
Who needs E&O insurance?
If you’re in the business of providing services to clients for a fee—doctors, lawyers, accountants, architects, engineers, wedding planners, printers, building contractors, mortgage and real estate services, designers, advertising agencies—if your service has the potential to be done incorrectly or late, and it costs your client money or harms their reputation, you need to consider E&O.
What does E&O cover?
Errors and omissions insurance policies usually cover the business owner, both salaried and hourly employees, and subcontractors working on behalf of the business. It can be customized to meet your specific needs, no matter what your business or industry.
Benefits of a specialized E&O policy may also include:
- Monthly payment options to help spread out your payments so you can better manage your cash flow
- Coverage of temporary staff, full-time employees, and independent contractors
- Past work covering unforeseen claims arising from work completed before you were even insured, to a pre-agreed date
- Worldwide coverage as long as the claim is filed in the U.S., one of its territories or Canada
- Tailored coverage for the specific risks of your field and industry
- Knowledgeable agents who provide exceptional service
- Coverage for contracts satisfying most standard contract insurance requirements
- Fast and simple online quotes, helpful agents, and comprehensive coverage
The J. Morey Company Difference
You may think the cheapest policy will do, but realize that you might not be getting everything that you think would be included. While a majority of insurance policies are similar in price and overall function, insurance providers are very different when it comes to structuring a policy that actually covers you in when you need to file a claim.
We’re here for you. We’re here to protect our clients, and that means we always look for ways to protect you better, including carefully choosing the insurance companies we represent to be both affordable and responsive.
No such thing as a one-size-fits-all insurance policy.
At The J. Morey Company, we understand that options can sometimes be overwhelming. Our knowledgeable and helpful agents can work with you to find the coverage you need.
Request a quote now and let the professionals at The J. Morey Company help you find the best California Errors & Omissions insurance policy for your needs.