Anaheim, CA – January 18, 2019 – It is the mission of The J. Morey Company, Inc. and its related companies to meet the ongoing insurance needs and preferences of our customers. Effective January 1, 2019, the announced executive and management promotions further our commitment to our clients and enhance the company’s objectives of continued growth and success. These changes represent the next steps in company leadership as we strive to continuously provide premier insurance services to the communities we serve.
• Joshua Morey, President, is the third generation of the Morey family involved in the insurance industry. Under his leadership, JMC has excelled in providing streamlined digital services and resources to our customers. During his twelve-year tenure with the company, he expanded business operations through the successful development of the Little Tokyo, Downtown Los Angeles office. Josh has also continued to carry on the company tradition of active community involvement by building and nurturing relationships with local, national, and even international community organizations and businesses. Josh will now serve as President where he will oversee the implementation of innovative systems to enhance company performance and growth. His influential leadership and forward-thinking strategies will be paramount in guiding JMC to be a top performer in the industry.
• Kevin Fukuyama, Chief Executive Officer, joined JMC after receiving his degree in Economics from UCLA. He has over ten years of experience in the industry and previously held the role of JMC’s Vice President of Underwriting where he developed and maintained cost- and risk- benefit systems and perpetuated client satisfaction. As Chief Executive Officer, he will oversee and lead the Northern and Southern California offices of The J. Morey Company, Inc. and work with the Board to manage the company’s strategic plans for growth. Involved in industry organizations, Kevin currently serves as an officer on the board of the IIABA-LA and Chair of the IIABCal Finance Council. A strong and compassionate leader, Kevin’s commitment to JMC and its people has proven instrumental to company growth and success as he leads JMC into the future.
• Mary Jo Gleaves, Vice President of Underwriting, joined JMC in 1997. A thirty-two-year industry veteran, she began her career with the successful Dornbush-Lewis Insurance Agency serving Northern California. Mary Jo is recognized for strategic production efficiency, which propelled her to be President of IIABCal Silicon Valley chapter, in 2010. She plays a vital role in managing leading-edge, protective products and programs that anticipate the customer’s personal or business insurance needs. Mary Jo and her team are committed to solving all lines of underwriting challenges with proposals that are effective, market-specific, and detail oriented.
• Ashley Arikawa, Vice President of Sales, joined JMC in 2015. She brings an extensive background in digital marketing with a degree in business from UCI and has become a key contributor to the sales team. Since joining the company, Ashley oversaw the upgrading of the JMC website, expanded social media presence, and curated our digital footprint which has been the cornerstone of growth for the company. She will continue to grow JMC’s digital presence and implement new strategies to promote our strong company values, professional business practices, and high-quality customer service which will allow JMC to succeed in this digital age.
• Tim Hino, Business Manager, joined JMC in 2018. Tim previously served as Business Manager for the Placentia Library District overseeing the library in budget management, facility renovation, and business operations. Applying his fifteen-year background in business and accounting, he will implement strategies to enhance JMC’s business operations and increase efficiency. In addition, Tim will maintain JMC’s commitment to excellence by overseeing the retention and development of high-quality employee talent. His priority to ensure that JMC meets company goals and objectives is first and foremost as he leads his team to streamline company procedures.
About The J. Morey Company, Inc.
Founded in 1980, The J. Morey Company, Inc. is a California-based insurance agency providing clients with high quality insurance and financial products. Since its establishment, the company has continued to grow, but prides itself in its commitment to its clients and strong ties to the community. Today, The J. Morey Company, Inc. operates four California offices in Anaheim, Downtown Los Angeles (Little Tokyo), San Jose, and Torrance. Learn more by visiting www.jmoreyins.com.