Temperatures are climbing and unfortunately that means hot and humid nights. Instead of turning on your air conditioner and running up your bill, consider using some of these methods:
- Stick your sheets in the freezer a few minutes before bed. While this won’t keep you cool all night long it will provide some relief.
- Take a cold shower before bed. This will bring down your body’s temperature.
- Keep your bed as close to the ground as possible (heat rises).
- For an instant cool down place ice packs or other cold compresses to your pulse points (wrists, neck, elbows, groin, ankles, and behind the knees).
- Sleep in a hammock or a cot instead. Both are free on all sides, creating more air flow.
Photo 1 from mirror.co.uk
Photo 2 from the verge.com
Photo 3 from pinterest.com
Photo 4 from hatterashammocks.com