Liana Kobayashi will be retiring in the new year after having been with us for 28 years so we wanted to dedicate a J. Morey Journal post to her. Thank you Liana for your hard work and dedication to the company. We will miss your friendly and bubbly personality around the office!
Name: Liana Kobayashi
- What is your favorite quote? Martin Luther King Jr.’s speech “I Have a Dream”.
“… will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.”
- What motivates you to work hard? Self-satisfaction
- What is your favorite book? Anything with murder and mayhem (just kidding!). Ann Rule books.
- What did you want to be when you were younger?
I wanted to be a doctor until I realized the amount of money my parents would have to pay and the length of time I would have to be in school.
- What is your favorite sport to watch or play?
I love basketball games. Can’t play though. I am a klutz.
- If money was no object, what would you do all day? Read!!
- If you were a super-hero, what powers would you have?
Mind reading, although that is a double-edged sword.
- What’s your favorite movie? The Sound of Music
- What’s the most unusual thing you’ve ever eaten? A cricket – deep fried, teriyaki flavor
- How many languages do you speak? Two – English and Tagalog
- Do you have any pets? If so, what kind and what are their names?
We have a small dog. His name is Patch because he has a black patch on one of his eyes.
- The best advice I’ve ever gotten was… from my father.
He told me that it is good to save for the future, but not to overdo it because “you may not be in that future. Try not to postpone things that you love to do.”
- I’m happiest when… I am with my family.
We’ll miss you Liana!