The rain has stopped and spring flowers are in full bloom– which also means that allergy season is upon us. It’s tough to find relief from the sneezing and itchy, watery eyes during this time of year when everyone wants to be outside, enjoying the perfect weather. However, there are some things you can try to minimize your symptoms and avoid your exposure to allergens.
Here are some of our spring allergy relief tips:
- Wear sunglasses or glasses outside to keep wind-borne pollen from getting into your eyes. Be sure to give them a good wipe down after going outside to keep allergens from collecting near your eyes and nose.
- Stop allergens from entering your car by keeping windows closed and using the air conditioner on the recirculate setting.
- Steam from a hot shower can be a great way to temporarily find relief from irritated nasal passages and blocked sinuses. Taking a quick shower can also wash away pollen and stop irritants from spreading throughout your home.
- Regularly groom your furry pets to keep them clean of allergens so that you can snuggle with your animals without the sneezing and runny eyes.
- If you normally dry your clothes outdoors, use a dryer or hang your laundry inside especially during high pollen times. Wet clothes can attract pollen, causing allergens to stick to your clean clothes.
Sources: NBC News