Did you know that it takes about 3 years of driving experience before insurance rates will go down for your teen driver? So, if you have a teen driver in your household, you’ll want to pay close attention: there may be ways for you to save some money on your California Auto Insurance policy through Safeco Insurance, while at the same time teaching your teen driver how to drive safe! Here’s some information about the program:
Teen Safety Rewards program through Safeco Insurance
- Good Student Discount – applies for a teen driver that maintains a GPA of 3.0 or better, makes the honor roll, or is in the top 20% of their class.
- Distant Student Discount – this discount is available if your teen attends a school that is located more than 100 miles away from home and is without a vehicle.
- Teen Safe Driver Discount – this discount is available if your teen driver participates in a program that collects their driving data via a device installed into their vehicle.
- Road Ahead Guide – helpful guide that contains tips for learning how to drive, how to get a driver’s license, how to driving in variable weather conditions, what to do in the event of an accident and more.
- Parent-Teen Contract – set up a contract between you and your teen driver, so you’re both on the same page when it comes to driving rules and responsibilities.
If you have any questions about California Auto Insurance or would like to find out more information about this program, give us a call! We work with a variety of carriers, who each have their own discounts and/or programs for young drivers. Here at the J. Morey Company, Inc. we’re always here to help you find the right coverage to fit your needs!