If you’re a homeowner, you want to make sure that your home is protected with our California Home Insurance because you never know when something might happen. Here at the J. Morey Company, Inc., we can offer you different types of coverage that’s geared to fit your needs. For example, our agents can offer you the following types of home insurance coverage:
- Dwelling Protection
- Personal Property
- Extended Replacement Cost
- Additional Living Expenses
- Personal Liability Protection
- Guest Medical Protection
- Identity Theft Protection
- Additional Personal Property Coverage for Valuables
But having a homeowners policy isn’t enough. It’s also a good idea to remember these helpful tips to protect your home from burglars:
- Purchase a California Home Insurance policy with Personal Property coverage. This type of coverage helps to cover your belongings in the event of a burglary.
- Most of the time, burglars are just looking for an easy target. So, if you’re leaving the house or just going to sleep, remember to lock up!
- If you’re leaving on a vacation, ask a trustworthy neighbor or relative to keep an eye on your home while you’re away.
- It’s a good idea for your home to look occupied, even if you’re not home. You can do this by keeping a light on or drapes slightly open. There are also light switch timers than can be used to periodically turn lights off and on.
- If you lose your keys, change the locks immediately!
- Don’t hide the spare key in an obvious spot, like the front door welcome mat. Instead, give it to a relative or trustworthy friend who lives nearby.
- If you’ll be gone for a long period of time, remember to stop your mail and newspaper delivery.
- Make sure to keep bushes, trees, and shrubs trimmed. If the landscaping is nice and tidy, a burglar won’t have any place to hide.
- Don’t leave valuables in plain view.
- If you use social media sites, don’t announce that you’re going on an extended trip. Instead, hold off on posting photos until you’ve already come back. It’s also a good idea to give off the impression that you’re at home.
Remember to keep your home safe and protected with these helpful tips and our California Home Insurance. If you have any questions about the types of coverage that is available, feel free to give us a call! Our dedicated staff is ready to help you find right coverage to fit your needs!