With the Santa Ana winds scheduled to come back tomorrow and the weather forecasters predicting a rainier new year, now is the time to make sure your home is covered with our California Home Insurance. Our knowledgeable staff is here to help answer any of your coverage questions and is happy to help you find the right coverage to fit your particular needs.
So, if you’re worried about protecting your home from weather-related damage, here are some helpful tips to remember:
- Most standard homeowner’s policies cover wind/storm damage.
- Clean up services, such as tree removal, may also be covered by your policy.
- Be aware of any possible weather-related dangers that are forecasted, such as windstorms, heavy rain, or snow.
- Create an inventory list of your possessions and property (include serial numbers for electronic appliances).
- Know what’s covered under your homeowner’s policy. If you’re unsure, ask your agent to go over the coverage with you.
- If weather-related damage does occur, make temporary repairs to prevent further damage from happening.
- Report the damage to your insurance agent immediately.
- If you lose power during a windstorm, it’s best to use battery-operated light sources, instead of candles or generators.
If you’re still unsure about California Home Insurance, don’t hesitate – give us a call! We’re here to help you find the right coverage to protect your family and your home!