Business Liability Insurance
Protecting your business from the impact of potential customer lawsuits should be your first order of business, especially in California. While only a customized Business Liability insurance policy can protect your business from this expense and stress, it’s usually the last thing business owners think of.
What does Business Liability Insurance cover?
Liability insurance covers the costs of legal fees, including court costs and the resulting award, if any is made.
California liability insurance is appropriate for any business that could face potential lawsuits. There are four distinct types that you may need, depending on your business, and your tolerance for risk of financial loss:
- Personal Liability
- Business Liability
- Professional Liability
- Public Liability
There are other risks that may be covered, including:
- Bodily injury (i.e. a client trips and falls on your slippery floor and you’re found legally liable for their injury)
- Property damage and data loss (i.e. you accidentally spill coffee on a client’s server and data is lost, or a tree falls on their car in your parking lot)
- Personal injury (i.e. an employee spreads false rumors about a client; the client learns of the rumor and sues for slander)
You should consider general liability insurance coverage, also called commercial general liability insurance, if either you or your employees:
- Interact with clients face to face. If you make sales calls or visit clients at their place of business, their home, or they visit your location.
- Have access to equipment that’s not yours. Business liability is ideal for IT professionals, electricians, other repair or technical servicers.
- Represent your client’s business to other companies.
- Use third-party locations for any business related activities. Business liability can cover architects, designers, wedding planners, etc.
- If you are required to maintain general liability insurance as part of a contract.
The J. Morey Company Difference
You may think any policy will do, but realize that you might not be getting everything that you think would be included. While a majority of insurance policies are similar in price and overall function, insurance providers are very different when it comes to structuring a policy that actually covers you in when you need to file a claim.
We’re here for you. We’re here to protect our clients, and that means we always look for ways to protect you better, including carefully choosing the insurance companies we represent to be both affordable and responsive.
No such thing as a one-size-fits-all insurance policy.
At The J. Morey Company, we understand that options can sometimes be overwhelming. Our knowledgeable and helpful agents can work with you to find the coverage you need.
Request a quote now and let the professionals at The J. Morey Company help you find the best California commercial liability insurance policy for your needs.